1. It's hard to imagine LOST without Jack Shephard as the group leader. Where would the show have been without him? Had the show's writers gotten their way, we would have learned the answer to that question. When the show was pitched to ABC, Jack Shephard's character was supposed to be killed after the pilot episode, and Kate was supposed to take on more of a leadership role in the series.
2. 2. Staying too long in a job that you want to leave
3. The January-to-November period in the United States this year was the warmest first 11 months of any year on record for the contiguous states. And 2012 will likely surpass 1998 as the warmest year on record for the nation, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
5. 尽管英国商学院的排名平均上升了两位，但法国商学院的排名平均下降了一位——法国是商学院数量最多的欧洲国家。里昂商学院(EMLyon Business School)由于跌出MBA榜单之外，整体排名下降了15位，同时北方高等商学院(Edhec Business School)由于未能进入EMBA榜单，整体排名下降了8位。
6. According to government sources, property sales in Hong Kong fell almost 40 per cent in the first half of the year compared with the same period in 2015 — both in terms of price and volume. An index from the Rating and Valuation Department released this month showed the commercial sector was a particular casualty, with prices falling 5.7 per cent in May compared with the same month last year.
3. The government bothlocal and national will invest in more technology-driven sectors, includingadvanced agriculture, transportation, medicine and other sectors. Thisinitiative will be aimed squarely at improving China’s productivity andmanufacturing competitiveness. There will be a national effort aimed atachieving quality, first-time yield and ensuring “productivity driven” globalcompetitiveness.